Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One step at a time

I hurt my ankle about six weeks ago and fell off the wagon (no, I didn't hurt my ankle falling off). I haven't run since then, and my walks have decreased in distance and pace. I think trying to run in my current state is a bad idea. The biomechanics of a fat guy running can't be that good. So my first goal is to lose weight.

It's easy to say "no carbs" but harder to do. My plan is to find a way to eat that I'll be eating for the rest of my life, and to be comfortable with it. I've been making changes steadily.

I've already switched to eating healthy dinners. I don't drink soda after noon any more (I only occassionally drink a coke with breakfast but sometimes with lunch). That was easy for me to do, since I eat dinner at home, or on the way home. If I eat out, I drink tea instead of soda, and I find myself at restaurants where I can avoid carbs. Likewise, I eat healthy on the weekends -- bacon, eggs, beef and pork and a bit of chicken, green leafies, butter, cream, and cheese. I make sauces for any meat that I cook and that definitely ups the flavor, although I don't really have a problem with the flavor of meat anyway. But sauteed onions are the win. :)

I've been cheating too much, so enough of that! My plan is to eat a healthy lunch. I've stopped drinking cokes with lunch, and I mostly eat carb-free, but not always. That's my next goal: to eat healthy lunches. This will mean, in part, bringing my lunch to work, instead of always eating out.

No comments:

Post a Comment